Monday, March 9, 2009

Water, cool, clear, Water. . .

I moved to Lincoln, Nebraska about a week ago (a friend, Nicole, was sweet enough to offer me an extra bedroom so I wouldn't be homeless for most of March) and things have been going really well. Okay, so there's one teensy tiny issue. The water went out on Friday which left us all weekend with very limited water use and absolutely no showers. It turns out that the epoxy that was used in the 50's to cement pipes together has a tendency to crumble after almost 60 years thus causing the household pipes to move away from the main line. This causes severe backups into the basement. This is a costly problem, but fixable and my new roommate feels terrible it happened as soon as I moved in. I think it's just part of life and figure I should just make the best of it. The water problem should be fixed in the next day or two, but in the mean time, I've been scrounging showers. Taking them where I can and taking advantage of every shower I come across (on an up note--there are showers at the gym which absolutely gets my hind end into the gym now).

No comments: