Friday, September 3, 2010

Alaskan Cruise (Seattle)

We disembarked from the ship early Saturday morning. James and I didn't have a flight until Sunday, so we just bummed around Seattle for the day.

We had a ton of fun going to through the Science Fiction Museum. I thought it would be boring, but we ended up spending quite a lot of time there.


The one disappointment was that there was only one reference to Dr. Who. The longest running science fiction television show and only one small reference? I mean, they had a whole Ninja Turtle



and more Star Trek stuff then you can shake a stick at



But not one miniature TARDIS, Dalek, or Cyberman? Disgusting.

We also went to see the music museum. We didn't spend a whole lot of time there, but this art piece was interesting.




We also went to the Seattle Science Center, which we didn't know what a kid's museum, but we had fun there anyway.



We also took a trip up the Space Needle



We then made our way to Pike's Market

From Alaska ise

We did see the fish throwers, but didn't get a picture of it. And we were amazed at how many flower stands there were. Half of the market was full of fresh cut flowers.



And since we missed the Dr at the Science Fiction museum, we were both excited to find him at the market.


Have I mentioned my little crush on David Tennant?

And to make James's day, we had to find the legendary gum wall.


And of all randomness, this woman was just walking through the market in her wedding dress. No photographers or other wedding party members. It was just like she decided to run and add a couple of flowers to her bouquet before heading to the church.



Finally, we retired to our hotel room and enjoyed this great view of the sound.



We had to be up by 4:30 am to catch our flight home on Sunday. There was only one hiccup in the flight home. Somehow, I got bumped and didn't have a seat on the flight from Phoenix to Omaha. They even boarded the flight and I had to say goodbye to James (bawling my eyes out). At the last second, someone volunteered to stay behind and I got to go home with my hubby.

All in all, this was a great vacation. I loved Alaska and here it is a month later, and I'm still dreaming about it and wishing we could go back. Of course, I just lost the weight I gained on the ship, so going back by cruise ship may not be such a good idea. But we had a great time and the best part was that I was able to spend a full week with my hubby by my side. That was the best part, never being separated from such a handsome man.

No comments: