Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is it really Christmas?

This Christmas
I haven't exactly been feeling the Christmas Spirit.
Maybe it's because I haven't decorated my apartment yet.
Or because James and I opted for no tree this year.
Or because I'm dieting and not partaking of all the good yumminess at work.
It could be that I'm not going home for Christmas
for the first time in my life or that
I did all of my shopping online.
Maybe my head is too filled with Wedding preparations to let
in some red and green cheer.
It's possible that I'm working too much to really notice that it's the
jolliest time of the year.
And there's always the theory
that my head isn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that my shoes are too tight.
Whatever the reason, I've been in a
void where Christmas hasn't reached.
They're all there, the sights and sounds of the Season.
What's wrong with me?
Have I forgot the reason?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!!, I think you're in LOVE. Your post was too cute. I hope you find the Christmas spirit, or it finds you.
Love Ya Girl!