Monday, October 6, 2008

Thoughts on General Conference

Wow. I think that's the only way to describe General Conference this last weekend. For those of you who are not familiar with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, twice a year we are able to gather and listen to inspired talks given by those who we revere as chosen leaders, Apostles and the Prophet of God. Every Conference is great, but this one seemed so pertinent to my life. There were so many wonderful things to learn and to try to apply to my life. I can't wait for the Conference report to come out so I can really study the things that were said.

In listening to the warnings issued by these men of God, I felt very comforted in knowing that hard time are ahead, but that we don't have to worry about them. We can prepare and be ready for hard economic times and civil strife. It is so great to know that we can fortify ourselves against calamity. I know even if we are prepared, that we won't always be as comfortable as we are now, but can prepare enough to keep ourselves and our families safe.

Okay this last part may not be so wise to say, but I also noticed (in this Conference and in the last) that not a darned word was mentioned on the so called human caused Global Warming. With a topic that is on the forefront of so much media and hype, don't you think that if it were a problem and a major issue that the Prophet would have some counsel? Kinda makes you wonder if it's either a natural phenomenon or a distraction created by Satan to blind men to the important things going on in the world? Just a thought (my own, may I add, not anywhere near church doctrine).

No comments: